<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Mighty Mouse did a lot of laundry yesterday, folding sheets and such, and was in bed exhausted by 8 p.m. There's more of the same planned for today.

In the middle of the day, I went for a small leg-stretching around the block. The sun was boiling hot on my face, the breeze cool. Very comfortable. One of the restaurants on Ninth Avenue has decorated its terrace with three fuschia colored bougainvilliers, my favorites. It was the treat of the day.

Bougainvillea always touches my N spot, my Nostalgia spot: East Africa, Ibiza, Majorca, the French Riviera, and beautiful small white houses on tiny Greek islands--how I dream of living in such a whitewashed house, set off with such bright, beautiful flowers, with the sea off to the side, peasant bread, goat cheese, tomatos and olives, and a jug of local wine to share around a sun-dappled table, in the company of good old friends.

Not much to rant about today. The news is exhausting in its own kind of way, I have no energy to spare on tragic events. Besides, I am fully dressed and ready to return to my mission.

Mighty Mouse, all over again, until the mission will have been accomplished.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?