<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, May 07, 2004

I was going to post my own post, but then I decided to switch and quote from Riverbend:

"I sometimes get emails asking me to propose solutions or make suggestions. Fine. Today's lesson: don't rape, don't torture, don't kill and get out while you can--while it still looks like you have a choice...Chaos? Civil war? Bloodshed? We'll take our chances--just take your Puppets, your tanks, your smart weapons, your dumb politicians, your lies, your empty promises, your rapists, your sadistic torturers and go."

Tomorrow is the 60th anniversary of the death of my mother and my grandmother. Six hundred civilians were killed and hundreds more maimed in less than thirty minutes.

This is also the 50th anniversary of the end of the battle of Dien Bien Phu, where the French were beaten by the Vietnamese and pulled out, giving the USA their chance to go in for their own war.

It's also the 50th anniversary of Roger Bannister's exploit, running a mile in less than four minutes. It was believed impossible until he did it, and now just about anyone can. Which just proves that most human beings can only accomplish what they believe is possible. Same thing happened with the sound barrier: nobody could do it, they all crashed or turned back, until Chuck Yeager did it, and nowadays just about all jet planes do it on a daily basis.

Tomorrow, I am planning to spend my day at my Nichiren Shoshu Temple, chanting all day. My contribution to what the tribal people are doing throughout the sacred places of America. Something has just got to change!
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?