<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

I've changed my links slightly: I noticed I was not reading some of them any more. I actually have some more changes to make, but I don't have the details ready at hand and this is not the time to fish around the little pieces of paper on my desk. I have to get ready for a renal scan, and my last food and drink intake must be made before 11 a.m. No kidding!

I have received a beautiful present from Maureen in my ex-Urologist's office. Maureen is the kind person who took such good care of me when I was there last month and "his" Carol behaved so badly, for whatever reason it was.

It's an inspirational book called "Furry Logic", a Guide to Life's Little Challenges. Sayings are illustrated with exquisite animal paintings by Jane Seabrook.

My favorites:

"I never made Who's Who, but I'm featured in What's That." (Strange bird)

"I am not tense. Just terribly, terribly alert." (Meercat)

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs--It's quite possible you haven't grasped the situation." (Doe)

"I have one nerve left and you're getting on it." (Baboon)

"You can't stay young forever. But you can be immature for the rest of your life." (Owl)

"If at first you don't succeed, swallow all evidence that you tried." (Toad)

Lot's of birds, mammals, frogs. Very fresh, surprising and fun. High quality watercolors.

It's published by Ten Speed Press, www.tenspeed.com. I recommend it highly as a present for anyone wanting to make someone crack a smile or break into uncontrollable laughter.

Gotta run.























Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?