<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 26, 2004

I listened to the 9/11 Commission hearings all day Tuesday and Wednesday, plus watched the TV news with Janna in the evenings. I was all out of patience yesterday and took a complete break. I mean to say...

"Tell me, Mr. Secretary, would you say that bla, bla, bla,"

"No, I would have said it more elegantly!"

"Haw! Haw! Haw!" Manly guffaws from all present. This is our circus, we are all putting it on for you.

Just as our Commander in Chief had everyone laughing, Wednesday night, pretending to look for Saddam's WMD's under his desk in the Oval Office. ("Nope! Can't find them there either!")

The moral of all this is that if you lie down with dogs, you must expect to get up with fleas.
Late last night, after spending some time doing a little medical research, I broke down and went to BBC's Newsnight, where I found the quote of the day:

Lieutenant General Jay Garner, interviewed by Greg Palast, closed the interview with his priceless: "I'm a believer that you don't want to end the day with more enemies than you started with."

* * * * *

I am still struggling with getting into neuter before going shopping for a new Urologist. I don't want to walk in, all vulnerable and weepy, all whiny and wimpy. It's not the real me, for starters. I'm more kick-ass. Some say arrogant, but not really, what I am actually is insolent.

My occasional weakness manifests when I am overwhelmed by a concatenation of unfavorable events, when everything appears to happen all at once. In this particular instance, my urinalysis results have finally arrived, indicating I have a drug-resistant nosocomial infection. Translate: a superbug caught in hospital, most probably during my last stent change in April last year. I draw this conclusion from the fact all my previous infections were by proteus mirabilis, which is something a normally healthy human being might harbour without it causing an untoward infection.

So, in fact, when I got the very acute infection after the stent change last year, where I was in such a state that I was ready to go to the nearest emergency room, and Carol said: "I don't think you have an infection at all, bla, bla, bla,", the opportunity was lost to address this particular superbug earlier rather than later.

To be honest, after all the reading I did last night on this superbug, it's not sure it would have made much of a difference, because nothing is actually known to work against it.

I suppose I must learn to live with it, Hehhehe! Well, that's exactly what I have been doing for almost a year now. It's "fluctuat nec mergitur", all over again, forever. Go with the flow and keep bailing out the slops, lest the ship sink.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention the test results were accompanied by a prescription for an antibiotic not mentioned, either on the test evaluation or anywhere else on any drug site, as being specific to what I have. I have to wonder whether it was Carol who wrote the prescription, instead of the good doctor, "Eh, her test results came in, I sent her a prescription, it's all taken care of".

Of course, everyone knows it's against my religious beliefs to sue... Hehehe!

* * * * *

My little $3 daffodils all opened up and there was a bonus because some had pale corollas, and some had bright yellow ones. Now, they have all shriveled up and I must throw them out. What did I expect, ten days of pleasure?

For Doug and his "Where I blog from" collection. On the right hand side of my desk sits the mother of all large steel filing cabinets, slathered with luggage tags from places I have never visited. There is also a magnet on the top drawer which says:

"Instructions for the Assembly of Just About Anything

Grasp the gizmo in your left hand. With your right hand, insert the doohickey into the little whosie just below the bright red thingamajig and gently -- gently! -- turn it in a clockwise direction until you hear a click. Attach the long thingamabob to the whatchamacallit. Do not under any circumstances allow the metal whatsit on the end to come in contact with the black plastic thingummy. Failure to follow these instructions will result in damage to the doodad."

Right next to it is another one:

"If an otter can't have fun doing something it simply won't do it."

That's my mantra, Doug.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?